The course aims to provide persons working as placement officers with the knowledge they require to enable them to review safety practices in the workplace, identify and evaluate the key risks to which learners may be exposed and make recommendations to employers to ensure their safety whilst at work.
Duration – 2 1/2 days
This course designed for workplace assessors where they are assessing risk at a workplace other than their own. It is structured as 2 taught days followed by a half day assessment 4-6 weeks later.
- Understand the importance of a safe workplace
- Identify risks in the workplace other than their own, to themselves and others
- Outline the main provisions of the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992
- Have an understanding of the key responsibilities for persons assessing workplaces for placement of individuals e.g. young persons, college learners
- Identify key sources of health and safety information to assist in their role
- Make a valid assessment as to the suitability of a workplace in relation to the individual who will be placed there e.g. learner
- Produce an action plan for improvement in health and safety for the employer
Assessment and Certification
All courses include one assessment per candidate. On successful completion of the course and assessment, a City & Guilds Certificate will be issued.
General course information
For candidates requiring further assessment, this will be at a price to be negotiated with Worksafe. Cost of further assessment will be based on time allocated and location of venue.
All courses can be delivered on the client’s site or at our training facility in Bury St Edmunds or you can register to join the open course we periodically run.
Printable leaflet: City&Guilds NVQ 3 unit 608