This programme teaches delegates about the causes of musculoskeletal injury and how it can be prevented.
The aim of this course is to teach delegates the causes, prevention and management of musculoskeletal disorders and to revise the principles of correct body mechanics and a range of techniques for handling inanimate loads.
The practical elements of the course are conducted in the delegate’s workplace, doing tasks they need to do on a day to day basis.
On completion of the programme delegates will be able to:
· List the five causes musculoskeletal ill-health and state how problems can be prevented and managed
· The importance of exercise in the prevention of musculoskeletal injuries
· How to manage musculoskeletal conditions
· List four rules of body mechanics and demonstrate the power position
· How to perform a 1 minute LITE risk assessment
· Demonstrate correct lifting techniques in the workplace by applying principles of moving and handling
· Explain importance of using equipment available such as trolleys etc
On successful completion of the course the delegates will be issued with a certificate of competence.
All courses are delivered on the client’s site.
For further details or prices on this or any other course please contact Worksafe