The aim of this course is to train key clinical staff to be competent to manage and reduce the risks of musculoskeletal injuries and ill health in their work area. It is for clinical staff who work in hospitals, wards and theatres, the community, nursing and care homes. Support, assessment and feedback is given at regular intervals during the course.
Duration – 5 days
The course is designed to inform and train key staff to become competent in preventing, reducing and managing moving and handling tasks. This in turn helps to reduce sicknwss absence duue to musculoskeletal ill health and injuries to staff.
This five day course is effective in:
- Developing moving and handling ergonomic strategies
- Enabling clear understanding of the risk assessment process
- Offering realistic problem solving scenarios
- Practical approaches to handling loads and people
- Auditing for compliance
Course content is done in modular format which includes:
- Understanding moving and handling and risk assessment
- Moving and handling inanimate objects
- Techniques in moving and handling people
- Training in moving and handling
Assessment and Certification
Delegates will need to be able to perform all moving and handling tasks safely for the practical assessment scenarios.
At the successful conclusion to the course you will receive a nationally recognised qualification from BTEC.
All courses can be delivered on the client’s site or at our training facility in Bury St Edmunds or you can register to join the open course we periodically run.
For further details or prices on this or any other course please contact Worksafe.
Printable leaflet: Train the Trainer for People Moving & Handling (BTEC)