The aim of this programme is to review musculoskeletal ill health / injuries that affect people and to demonstrate correct body mechanics.
Emphasis will be on the practical, to corrrectly demonstrate current techniques for both inanimate and people, to supplement these with a range of further ideas, solutions and to include advanced techniques and loads assessment processes.
Duration – 1 day
This course is designed to update the delegate in their role as a manual handling trainer / advisor. It will include a revision of topics covered in their original training course along with any new legislation, nationally recognised guidelines, techniques, equipment and assessments.
On completion of the programme delegates will have:
- Revised their knowledge of manual handling theory (causes, prevention, management)
- Reviewed their responsibilities under their organisations policy and risk assessment process
- Demonstrate the principles of correct body mechanics when moving and handling inanimate objects and people
- Practice using relevant handling equipment and a range of handling techniques
- Be able to demonstrate problem solving skills
- Discuss problems, concerns that are encountered in day to day working
Assessment and Certification
On successful completion of the course the delegates will be issued with a certificate of competance.
All courses can be delivered on the client’s site or at our training facility in Bury St Edmunds.
Printable leaflet: Train the Trainer Update for People Moving & Handling