This programme is for nurses, healthcare assistants, therapists and people handling staff who work in a hospital setting or nursing/residential home where patient handling is undertaken frequently
The aim of this induction programme is to introduce staff to the causes and prevention of musculoskeletal problems and manual handling injuries, to demonstrate the principles of correct body mechanics and handling techniques for inanimate loads and people.
On completion of this programme staff will be able to:
• List the five causes of back pain and state how problems can be prevented
• Explain their responsibilities
• Have demonstrated the importance of risk assessment and discuss the principles of common sense ergonomics
• List four rules of body mechanics and demonstrate the power position
• Demonstrate techniques for
• Moving, carrying, supporting, pushing and pulling inanimate loads
• Explain importance of using manual handling equipment such as hoists, slide sheets etc
• Demonstrate correct people handling techniques to cover the people handling tasks carried out in the workplace
On successful completion of the course the delegates will be issued with a certificate of competence.
All courses can be delivered on the client’s site.