This course is available nationwide, but is often held at the University of Suffolk in Ipswich, Stowmarket Community Hub and Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham.
This course is designed to update the delegate in their role as a manual handling trainer/adviser. It will include a revision of the topics covered in their original training course (Train The Trainer), along with any new legislation, nationally recognised guidelines, techniques, equipment and risk assessments.
The aim of this programme is to review legislation responsibilities for managing musculoskeletal disorders, including demonstrating the correct body mechanics and handling principles.
Emphasis will be on the practical in order to demonstrate current techniques for both inanimate objects and people. Worksafe will supplement these practical techniques with a range of further ideas and solutions, that can include advanced techniques, the use of equipment and risk assessment processes.
On completion of the programme delegates will have:
• Revised their knowledge of manual handling theory (causes, prevention and management).
• Reviewed their responsibilities under their organisations policy and risk assessment process.
• Demonstrated the principles of correct body mechanics when moving and handling inanimate objects and people.
• Practised using relevant handling equipment and a range of handling techniques.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Discussed problems and concerns that can be encountered in their day to day working environment.
Upon successful completion of the course, delegates will receive an IOSH approved certificate.
- 1 day training update course
- Suitable for all sectors we work with
- Available to clients nationwide
- Led by experienced trainers
- Worksafe certificate of attendance on completion
Available Course Dates:
Why not join us on one of our open courses? Price includes certificate, buffet lunch and refreshments.
Please contact us for information regarding further training dates.
Worksafe course leaders
All of our manual handling training courses are led by a member of our specialist team of training professionals and academics.