This course is designed to update the delegate in their role as a manual handling trainer / advisor. It will include a revision of topics covered in their original training course along with any new legislation, nationally recognised guidelines, techniques, equipment and assessments.
The aim of this programme is to review musculoskeletal ill health / injuries that affect people and to demonstrate correct body mechanics.
Emphasis will be on the practical, to correctly demonstrate current techniques for both inanimate and people, to supplement these with a range of further ideas, solutions and to include advanced techniques and loads assessment processes.
On completion of the programme delegates will have:
• Revised their knowledge of manual handling theory (causes, prevention, management)
• Reviewed their responsibilities under their organisations policy and risk assessment process
• Demonstrate the principles of correct body mechanics when moving and handling inanimate objects and people
• Practice using relevant handling equipment and a range of handling techniques
• Be able to demonstrate problem solving skills
• Discuss problems, concerns that are encountered in day to day working
On successful completion of the course the delegates will be issued with a certificate of competence.
All courses can be delivered on the client’s site or delegates can register to join an open course