This course is available nationwide, all courses can be delivered on the client’s site or trainers can register to join one of our scheduled open courses usually held at Worksafe Head Office, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
This one day course is designed to update and increase the knowledge and skills of those who have previously completed the Worksafe 4 Day IOSH Moving and Handling of People & Equipment Certified Award. All courses can be delivered on the client’s site or trainers can register to join one of our scheduled open courses.
Every course is unique. Our update centres on evidence-based practise and current thinking. Training will include a revision of topics covered in the Worksafe MHPE Award eg: legislation, guidelines, risk assessment , equipment use, techniques and training ideas.
Emphasis will be on the practical including inanimate and people handling techniques, exploring new ways to deliver training, supporting solutions to everyday handling problems and promoting a range of further ideas.
Gain a revised knowledge of manual handling theory (causes, prevention, management)
- Reviewed responsibilities
- Consider and practise the principles of handling when moving and handling loads, equipment and people
- Include a range of handling equipment and considered handling approaches for problem solving scenarios
- Discuss concerns encountered in day to day working including complex handling scenarios
To attend this six hour update session you will have completed the IOSH Moving and Handling People and Equipment four-day award or similar.
Ideally, you will need to be in a position of a training role or one of leadership to be able to make changes within your organisation.
On successful completion of the course the trainers will be given a certificate of attendance.
- 1 day training update course
- Suitable for all sectors we work with
- Available to clients nationwide
- Led by experienced trainers
- Worksafe certificate of attendance on completion
Click the button below to download a copy of our Train The Trainer refresh booking form.
Available Course Dates
Why not join us on one of our open courses? Price includes certificate and refreshments.
**NEW TRAINING DATES 2022**
Date: 29th July 2022
Venue: Worksafe Head Office, Bury St Edmunds
Price: £125 + Vat per delegate
Early booking recommended as places are limited
Worksafe course leaders
All of our manual handling training courses are led by a member of our specialist team of training professionals and academics.